Tuesday 25 March 2008

Mt. Daisen


Mt Daisen, 1709m, the tallest mountain in western Japan

Friday, 21st March 2008
鳥取県と岡山県の県境にある展望台からの大山だ!

It was another beautiful clear day although the temperature was still a little low to go out in a t-shirt but was perfect for a drive out. I decided to go to Chiya Onsen (hot spring) in the neighbouring Okayama Prefecture, one that I have not been to yet. I must have gone past it because I entered a kilometre long tunnel and came out of it with the sign up above telling me I had just entered Tottori Prefecture! As soon as I noticed this mistake, I approached the bend ahead of me and was treated to this spectacular view from the lookout. The last time I went past Daisen, I couldn't even see it because of the poor weather and visibility so this was actually the first time for me to see this mountain that rises up steeply pretty much from the coastline of the Japan Sea.


The restaurant located at the outlook and the amazing view from my seat!


The restaurant, run by a quiet old lady offering value for money!

No comments: