Wednesday 26 September 2007

Fishing for fish!

Sunday, 23rd September 2007
Midori Town, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
広島県美土里町


me concentrating on catching a fish!

This morning Naomi's family and I drove to a small fishing pond up in the mountains in Midori town where you pay a flat fee for a fishing rod and bait and catch as many fish as you can for an hour! It sounds like fun and it is but I did have difficulty trying to catch one! This was my third time to fish this way but I think I was worse this time than the last! Naomi and I shared a rod and we caught a mere 7 of the small Yamame fish. Naomi's dad caught a whopping 36 in the hour! When we returned the rod to the pond owner he was shocked that I only caught 7 and he went and scooped a few more out of the pond with a bucket for us because he felt bad! We ate the fish for dinner which were delicious.


Naomi's dad on the left catching a fish every 2 minutes and me 1 every 10!


finally caught one!


so many fish but hard to catch (for me!)


COSMOS flower now blooming

No comments: